How We Can Help
The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity provides a service that helps brain tumour patients of any age living in Jersey, their families and friends cope physically and emotionally with the changes that inevitably happen because of a brain tumour diagnosis.
We provide information, support and advice:
We also offer one to one sessions with our qualified counsellors. They can be on hand to offer emotional support to anyone affected by a brain tumour diagnosis, be that patient, partner, family, or friend. For confidential support and guidance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
With more than 140 different types of tumours, we can put you in touch with people who can help you understand the complexities of your tumour and what treatment options are available.
- What symptoms should you be aware of, and how is a brain tumour diagnosed?
- What questions to ask?
- What to expect?
- What online and offline resources are out there for brain tumour patients, families, and friends.
- How to get help from health providers and social services as well as voluntary organisations.
- Bespoke 1:1 coaching.
- Back to work advice and support.
We provide practical help:
- Home visits.
- Befriending and buddying.
- Assistance with shopping and daily activities.
- Help at home.
- Access to support groups.
- Access to local leisure and social activities.
- If you are unable to continue to drive we provide free transportation to medical appointments and for outings.