The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity provides a service that helps families prepare for the changes that inevitably happen because of a brain tumour and help them to cope physically and emotionally.
- Support in a home setting
- Information and advice
- Practical support including one to one sessions with qualified counsellors.
- Access to various support groups
- Advice on how to get help from health and social services as well as voluntary organisations.
We can provide workshops and support dedicated to people who are looking after someone with a brain tumour.
Workshops are carefully designed with the carer at heart and aim to:
- Provide insight into the patient/carer journey
- Provide opportunities to establish a supportive network
- Support carers so that they feel valued by everyone
- Enable carers to care well
- Build resilience and a sense of well being for carers.
The workshops are specially developed to help carers to care effectively whilst making sure that their own needs are supported, caring for a brain tumour patient is a job that nobody elects but it is one we all want to do as well as we possibly can.
Carers need help and support as much as the patient themselves.
Update: Due to weather (wind and rain) can you please advise if you are attending. If the weather doesn’t co-operate, it may just be a coffee and we are unsure