The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity provides a service that helps families prepare for the changes that inevitably happen because of a brain tumour and help them to cope physically and emotionally.
- Support in a home setting
- Information and advice
- Practical support
- Emotional Support including one to one sessions with our Support Worker Teresa
- Access to various support groups
- Advice on how to get help from health and social services as well as voluntary organisations
We provide workshops and support dedicated to people who are looking after someone with a brain tumour.
Workshops are carefully designed with the carer at heart, and aim to:
- Provide insight into the patient/carer journey
- Provide opportunities to establish a supportive network
- Support carers so that they feel valued by everyone
- Enable carers to care well
- Build resilience and a sense of well being for carers
The workshops are especially developed to help carers to care effectively whilst making sure that their own needs are supported, caring for a brain tumour patient is a job that nobody elects but it is one we all want to do as well as we possible can
Carers need help and support as much as the patient themselves.
If you don’t feel able to attend a workshop then we might be able to help and support you in some other way.
Call us on
Freephone 0800 735 7350 or call the office on 510867