Macmillan Jersey provides a Cancer Information and Support Centre at the Lido Medical Centre, based here are our Cancer Information Support Specialist, Lauren Perchard-Rees and Support Worker, Teresa Hughes and they offer:
- A warm welcoming environment
- An opportunity to ask questions about cancer, treatment and side effects, and how it affects your life and the lives of your loved ones
- Free guided internet access to relevant online resources
- Details of other local and national organisations and links to other services
- Information, support and practical advice about life after cancer treatment
- A comprehensive range of booklets and factsheets about cancer.
The Macmillan Jersey Cancer Information and Support Centre is on the second floor of the Lido Medical Centre, St Saviour’s Road, in front of the Hotel de France.
You do not need to make an appointment, although they are available if you prefer, alternatively just drop in or call our Freephone helpline: 0800 735 0275.
You can also get information and support from the national Macmillan Cancer Support Line on 0808 808 0000. Monday to Friday 9am-8pm or from their website www.macmillan.org.uk
Augré Physiotherapy can offer tailored support programmes for those affected by brain tumours. We aim to maximise independence and dignity and reduce the extent to which your illness affects your physical and emotional wellbeing.
Naturally the treatment required by each individual will vary but in our small and friendly clinic we offer a range of services including:
- Upper and lower limb strengthening exercises
- Balance, dexterity and flexibility exercises
- Gait re-education and stair practice
- Provision of a home exercise programme to help overcome fatigue and improve endurance
- Pain management
- Liaison with your health care professionals
Our clinic offers free parking, lift access and a welcoming atmosphere; however for those who are unable to get to us we can also offer home visits.
For more information please contact us on 280010 or visit our website www.augrephysiotherapy.com