At The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and being clear about what we do with it. We will only use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information that you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
• WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
• WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
• WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE
• WHAT PURPOSES USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
• LAWFUL BASIS
• HOW LONG WE HOLD DATA
• DATA SECURITY
• THIRD PARTIES
• DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
• YOUR RIGHTS
• CONCERNS OR QUERIES
We gather and use certain information about our supporters and fundraisers in order to provide a service to them, and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them. We have written this policy in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity is the identified controller. You can send any subject access requests at any time by contacting us at: The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity, First Floor Office, 60 Halkett Place, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4WG. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01534 510867.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We only use data necessary for providing the services listed. In order to provide those services listed below we gather the following information: name, address, email, phone number, company name, donation amount, source of donation and bank details. Any online donations are made via a secure PayPal or JustGiving transaction.
• Becoming one of our volunteers or fundraisers
• Making donations to us
• Completing the details to subscribe to our newsletter
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect data from our website via the subscribe to our newsletter form, the contact us form, donations and signing up to become one of our volunteers.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email or post.
We will not contact you for any purpose other than for what you have opted in.
If you are 13 or under, you must get your parent’s/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on our website.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated
usage data helps us improve the website structure, design,
content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie
allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website.
• Store relevant information about your preferences. We can then
present you with information through our website that you will
find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your
relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
• This site uses the popular Google Analytics software to measure
keep track of which pages are visited. This data is anonymised.
so the site may keep you logged-in whilst you visit different pages.
• We do not use any kind of advertising or ‘re-marketing’ cookies
WHAT PURPOSES WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
• We use your personal information to give you the information,
support, service or products you ask for.
• We use your information to keep records of your relationship
with us and for internal administrative purposes (such as our
accounting records), and to let you know about changes to our
services or policies.
• We use your personal information to look into and respond to,
complaints, legal claims or other issues.
• We use your personal information to claim Jersey Gift Aid on
donations over £50 for any online donations or any R10 forms
provided with manual donations.
• We use personal data to carry out statistical analysis and
research in order to help us to understand how we are performing
and how we can improve our services and meet the needs of people
that require our help.
• We may also use your personal information for other purposes
which we will specifically notify you about and where appropriate,
Where our processing is based on consent, you may wish to withdraw your consent by unsubscribing from our service or us at The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity, First Floor Office, 60 Halkett Place, Jersey JE2 4WG. Email: email@example.com or telephone 01534 510867.
In other circumstances, information is gathered on a legitimate interest or contract basis in order for us to provide our services to you.
HOW LONG WE HOLD DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is processed on the basis of consent you can unsubscribe at any time and subscribe with a new email address if you want to change details.
We use up-to-date storage and security techniques to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or lawful destruction or accidental loss. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. Only authorised members of staff have access to our online records. These records are password protected and require double authentication.
We use PayPal and JustGiving for all online donations and their respective privacy policies can be found by visiting these links:
DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to. All donors have the right to access the information we hold relating to them. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that this information is kept up-to-date by asking donors if there have been any changes.
We will respect Data Protection Rights under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, so donors will have the right to obtain:
• confirmation that their data is being processed
• access to their personal data and other supplementary information
• the purposes of the processing
• the categories of personal data concerned
• the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal
data has been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in
third countries or international organisations;
• where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data
will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine
• the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification
or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal
data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing
• the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
• where the personal data is not collected from the data subject,
any available information as to its source
• the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling,
referred and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about
the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged
consequences of such processing for the data subject.
CONCERNS OR QUERIES
If you have any questions relating to this policy or data protection within, please contact us at: The Jersey Brain Tumour Charity, First Floor Office, 60 Halkett Place, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4WG. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01534 510867.