Jersey Brain Tumour Charity (formally The Sue May Brain Tumour Society) was originally formed 1 July 2011 to help and support the residents of Jersey, in the Channel Islands.
The inspiration behind this charity is through Sue’s own personal experience and journey, she has recognised the many challenges a brain tumour diagnosis can bring.
Over the past few the charity has grown and developed and has already helped and supported many Jersey residents.
“Our mission is to ensure that anybody who experiences a brain tumour in Jersey be they a patient, their family, relative, friend or work colleague have access to information, practical and emotional support.”
Our support is confidential and may come by way of:
- financial contribution if needed or where speed of action is important.
- guidance and / or information on what you may expect or what can make things easier before, after and during a person’s treatment.
- practical support where dealing with day to day events may prove challenging e.g. being unable to drive, shop etc.
- offer advice where there may be issues surrounding medical insurance, returning to work.
- through our network put you in contact with professionals and other organisations that can help you further or more appropriately.
Jersey Brain Tumour Charity is not about medical research although we will contribute if and when funds allow.
Sue May believes that what she has experienced and continues to experience can help others and she remains committed to make a difference following her own personal journey.
I passionately believe that the charity provides significant help and support to others and feel committed to make a difference.
We are here to help so please don’t hesitate to call 01534 510867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org